|| Home || Portfolio || Order || Tutorials || Freebies ||

Monday, May 9, 2011

Making a blog backround 1

Keep in mind that this tutorial is mostly for GIMP users. Having never used Photoshop or any of those other programs, I'm not sure how they function, so I don't know if these instructions will work for anything other than GIMP. Sorry!

Step 1: Open GIMP, and then open a new image. They measurements need to be 1200x1600. If you click the little arrow where it says Template, near the bottom, you'll see that option.


Step 2: (SIMPLE BACKROUND) Play around a bit. Change the colors, add some brushes.
Here's what I did;

First, I colored the backround a dark greenish blue. Then, I added a floral brush;

After that, I added a new layer, did the same brush on top of the first one, and then flipped it.


Next, I added some more brushes. Remember to put each brush in a new layer. That way, if you don't like what you've done, you can just type 'delete' on your keyboard and get rid of one brush click at a time, instead of starting all over again.



Step 3: Open a new image. For 2 column backround, make it 940x1200px, for double sidebar make it 1200x1200px.

Play around with that. I just put a small floral brush in the corner. Next, go to EDIT, and click 'Copy Visible' (Shift+Ctrl+C)

Go back to your 1600x1200 image. Go to EDIT, and click 'Paste' (Ctrl+V)


Step 4: Upload your image to an image hosting site, such as tinypic or photobucket. Get the DIRECT LINK, and paste it into this code; (courtesy of Ara




Having issues? Got a question? Drop a comment below, or e-mail me!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Apprentice Seamstress said...

that one is super cute!

marygrace said...

Hey, I had a question about brushes for GIMP. What are you reccomendations? I was concerned that people are not suppose to use some brushes cause of copyright or something...do you know what I mean?